Accountability Equals Results
By Annie Berryhill
Today I am gunning for you, and it's gonna hit you hard and fast regarding Accountability and Results.
It's just gotta be said, because your results matter to me.
- Who are you accountable to?
- What system are you using to stay on track?
- How do you know where you are going and where you have been?
- Why are you not THERE yet?
Knowing WHAT to do to get a result and DOING what you need to do are so different.
Most people will do more when they know that they are being watched.
For example, if you are doing a Crossfit WOD, working your reps at the gym, trying to eat right, or running your business and you KNOW that someone is watching you..automatically, you turn things up a notch. Your form will improve or you will go faster, or you will put better food in your pie hole -you will work better just because you know someone is watching you.
That is pretty much a description of accountability. It means that even if someone does not have their eyes on you 24/7, having to make an account of you actions, attitudes, and results to them is like being watched. Yeah, you could lie, but in the end, that would mean that you lose out on your goals.
3 Methods of Accountability to consider to get a faster, better and longer lasting result.
( In order of effectiveness)
Results are what we want, right?
1. (GOOD) Write it down, journal style. Your journal become your accountability coach. This format is better than nothing because at minimum you can see if you have made any progress. The trap is that you can easily cheat because, well, it's only YOU!
2. (BETTER) Write it down and share it with someone who cares, even a tiny bit. This could be posting it to a community site, on Facebook, or in a forum especially for people who have similar goals (fitness, weight loss, business goals, personal goals). Again, there is the temptation to "pad" the truth, and that really goes back to you, your goal and personal integrity.
3. (BEST) Enlist the help of someone to "look over your shoulder". Not only would you share your written account, there would be actual interaction with you and your accountability coach/partner. Doing the work of talking things over still gives you the opportunity to fudge the truth, but if you are working alongside someone who has your goals in mind, and has taken the time to get to know you and what makes you tick, your temptation to lie or cheat will be reduced. They won't let you do it, and you won't want to be caught doing it either.
Which method you choose all really depends on how serious you are about the result you want.
The harder the goal, the more support you will need along the way, and likely the more opportunities you will find to slip off the path and down the slope to where you started and FAR, FAR AWAY from where you want to be.
Give it some thought.
If you need more than what #1 or #2 have to offer, I am here to help. Annie is my name, ACCOUNTABILITY is my game!
Let me be your partner in the pursuit of your goals!
You are DESIGNED to live
LEAN – STRONG – HEALTHY!
Anne (Annie) Berryhill is a Crossfit Level 1 Trainer, USA Weightlifting Sports Perfomance Coach, Crossfit Athlete and competitor who owns and operates OC Fitness Revival in Orange County, CA. Services include personal and group training, nutrition classes and counseling, as well as providing incredible health-improving supplements to help people to make the most out of what they've got.
(949) 280-3407 Anne@anneberryhill.com