A gluten-free alternative to regular crab cake recipes, with a spicy twist. What I love about these is that it can easily be modified to use canned tuna (I like the water version), or canned salmon, or even fresh, canned crab. I like to make extra so I have them handy for breakfast or lunch the next day, they hold up well!
Adjust the spicy to your liking and for extra healthy fat, top with avocado slices and a dash of your favorite hot sauce (I LOVE Frank’s!).
They can be made ahead and eaten cold or rewarmed in a pan at medium heat.
Source: Annie Berryhill-Keto Fit Coach
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 cans Pink Salmon
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 Tbls Almond Flour
- 1 Tbls Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Red Pepper
- .5 Red Bell Pepper Diced small
- 3-5 Tbls Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a bowl, mix salmon, eggs and spices .
- Mix until moistened
- Add flour until sticky
- Take 1/4 . or so scoop of mixture and form into patties/small cakes
- Add 1Tbl. + to heated skillet
- Brown cakes on each side (ensure there is enough oil on the pan to prevent sticking)
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 min or until cooked throughly.
- Alternately, bake in 375 degree oven for 15 mins.
- If using a cast iron or oven safe skillet to brown, just pop the skillet into the oven, no need to dirty additional pans!
Leave a Comment